Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ten Months In Hawaii

I completely forgot that yesterday, July 28, 2012, had been exactly 10 months since I've been in Hawaii.  I had planned to write a blog every single month until I hit the year mark of living here.  So far, so good.  Everything is everything right now.  I went from feeling very alone and dead inside when I first got here, to living life a little too fully sometimes since I've been here.  If I had to choose between the two emotions, hands down, I'd opt for the latter.  It has been one crazy ride, but the things I've seen along the way have been priceless. 

My time in Hawaii will be missed, that's inevitable.  I think what's sinking in the most, now that the time is getting closer to when I actually depart, is how much I'll miss my family.  Ironically, I hardly see my cousins since I've moved here, but I know we're all busy with school and work.  However, when I do see them, I always feel a sense of peace.  They're all such beautiful people.  And, no matter how fast or unpredictable my actions become, I'm always aware of how blessed I am to have such a close-knit family.  Saying goodbye to them is going to be the hardest. 

Enough of that, though, work is work.  I enjoy the people I work with, and I'm learning a lot.  Other than that, nothing much under the sun.  I'm just enjoying life and taking everything, exactly, how it comes... 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So, you're not staying in HI indefinitely? I didn't know that! So glad you've made the most of this experience, and I love the way you do a monthly blog. It's often enough to allow for some really specific insights, yet not so often that it's too daunting of a task. Hmmm, maybe I'll try a monthly blog entry sometime! Love ya!